NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tammy Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 07:42:13 -0500
>What is the method for doing this?  Eat nothing but food A for three days and
>check the result, then food B, C, ... ?  Did you smear the left side of
>your face with chicken fat and the right with bean dip to see which side
>broke out?  Or do allergists have arrays of food extracts they stick you with?
>
>However you did it, wasn't it a lot of time and trouble?

What we did was put our daughter on a rotation diet by splitting foods into
a 4 day cycle.  Another thing you can try is also eliminate common allergens
and rotate remaining foods.  If your symptoms go away, then after a few
weeks you introduce each food back into the diet one by one until you get a
reaction.  Withdraw the food in question, wait a couple days and try it
again.  Or, you may find that on Day 2 of the cycle you get a reaction, in
which case it is a food from Day 2 (or possibly Day 1 for super delayed
reaction).

It IS worth the trouble.  I have a child who slept for 4 to 5 hours a night,
had open wounds from eczema, could not be potty trained and was constantly
sick and nauseaus.  Thanks to diet, all of these symptoms are in remission.
The diet has saved us money (from all those medications, diapers and doctors
visits) and we sleep normal hours now.

Tammy G.

"A parent's love perceives no limitations."