NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Vernon Tew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 1997 17:14:21 -0500
We deal with no-milk, no-yeast, no-sugar at our house.  What we do to cope
with that for 12, 9, and 5 year olds (and that's a real challenge)-

We use afghan bread for the crust - it is low-yeast (regretably not
yeast-free), but acceptable enough.  The no-milk key is that we have found
out that if we use soya mozarella cheese that it melts well, tastes enough
like cheese to fool the kids, and maintains the tradition of Friday night
pizza.  We buy it at a whole foods store here in Dallas, and I am sure it can
be bought elsewhere.  The namebrand is "Soya Kaas" - they make a number of
lactose-free items, including cream cheese and american cheese.   It is
manufactured by American Natural Snacks, P.O. Box 1067, St. Augustine, FL
32085.  We are working on getting our area grocery to carry it as well.

Colleen Tew