CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:39:21 EDT
From:
Lana Alley <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Fran and fellow listers:

I've just returned from a sigmoidoscopy (a camera scope is threaded through
the lower colon area) and have had six biopsies taken.  While I was being
examined, I watched the camera's progress as it wound its way though my G.I.
tract, the tissue looked healthy (my mother is a G.I. Nurse and she advised me
on what was healthy tissue as opposed to unhealthy).  Well, the scope made its
way near my liver and that is where the Doc took the biopsies.  In about a
week, I'll know the results.  The Doc thinks I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
(IBS), but as that is often a catchall for symptoms that are not easily
diagnosable, I still suspect something that is food-digested related.  For the
time being, I'm continuing on the Lo-carb diet (for diabetes).

Does anyone have suggestions about ways to convince the Doc to considered
Celiac-Sprue?  In the past I had severe lactose intolerance that eventually
disappeared.  Since I'm lo-carbing, it's difficult to say whether gluten is
affecting me.

Meantime, I'm hanging in there!  ;>)

Lana