From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:39:03 -0700

A friend recently told me about a bakery in the Greater Seattle area
that makes wonderful gluten-free bread.  The baker has children with CD.
I jumped in the car immediately.

I asked for gf bread and was handed two choices.  The ingredients were
not listed so I asked.  The bread is made from Spelt!

I talked with the owner who attempted to convince me that Spelt was
gluten free and OK for those with CD.  He went on and on.  I explained
that it was a low grade of wheat and that if he didn't believe me, he
should call GIG or CSA or a dietician.  My concern was with not only
others who don't know or won't take the time to check the ingredients,
but he is endangering his children!

His comment, "Do you know what you are resigned to if you can't even eat
Spelt?"

(Yeah, death, I thought.)  I gave up.
The moral, watch it!
Diane - Seattle USA area