From:
"Hahnel, Winfried (W.A.)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 07:41:18 -0400
I own an Aptiva M40 and dumped the MWAVE card entirely about 1 year ago.
The software used by this device dumps files in many places including
win.ini,system.ini,autoexec.bat and config.sys.  TO properly delete all the
files you must run the 1st diskette of the MWAVE Install diskettes (I
believe the "20d" version) to totally remove the software from the system.
The uninstalll can take up to several minutes of time in which it seems no
activity is occurring.   Be sure to also physically remove the card  also!!
This is the only way to do this.   It is advisable to replace BOTH the modem
and the soundcard.  In this way you don't have to mess around with settings
in the computer.  You'll also be pleasantly surprised at how much quicker
WINDOWS opens and closes.   GOOD LUCK!

Regards,
Fred Hahnel