From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 12:51:56 -0400

What Ubiratan was saying is if you have just changed motherboards, then you
need to make sure to use the cables that came with the new board.  The short
ribbon cables that connect the motherboard to the DB9 socket (which your
mouse plugs into) are not interchangeable.  The wiring and pinouts vary from
one motherboard maker to the next.