From:
Bill Hornkohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 10:18:15 -0500
 I bought a 17" Mag Innovision DX17F Monitor from the Onsale Auction
site.($282.00) It comes with a 60 day repair of replacement warranty. (all
sales are final) When it has a white background there is about 10 1/8"
stripes running down the left half of the screen that are slightly visible
and flashing rapidly. On the right side toward the bottom there is a fist
sized area that is noticeably darker than the rest of the screen and it to
is pulsing real fast. I tried changing the refresh rate but it doesn't seem
to make any difference. If the screen has a dark background the flashing
seems not be noticeable. I realize that it is a refurbished unit that isn't
going to be exactly like a new one, but I have to wonder if these symptoms
are typical of  a monitor that is going to be nothing but trouble. If I was
convinced that there was a good chance it wouldn't get worse soon I could
live with it like this. I'd have to send it in for service. Any advice so I
could sound like I know what I'm talking about if I call the place for
service?