From:
Jeffrey Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 13:35:34 -0500
Eric Outten wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance Tom, but are we talking about a process that will
> convert the .wav files to a CD audio format during the copying?  Or does
> this end up unreadable by off-the-shelf audio CD players?
> Eric
>
> TOM wrote:
> >
> > Turntable -> preamp -> soundcard input. Create .wavs, copy .wavs to CD.

Most CD-Recording software that I've seen will give you the option of
burning a data CD or an audio CD. Adding .wav files to a data CD layout
will simply yield a data CD with .wav files on it, but adding .wav files
to an audio CD layout will yield an audio CD that will theoretically
play in any audio CD. Take that last part with a grain of salt, however.
Player and media differences aside, there are still many ways to screw
up an audio CD. Many people report success, though not always on their
first few attempts.

Jeff Delzer