From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 01:35:46 -0400
At 11:27 16-07-98 +0000, Louis A Pauff wrote:
>...with Windows 98 installed...I noticed that when I insert cd's into
>the cd rom drive, the autorun feature seems to be disabled...
>I went into Device Manager and...Auto Insert Notification block is
>already checked...

Tweakui is on the Win98 CD. Install it and it will let you
enable/disable Auto Insert Notification (AIN) for data and/or music
CDs. Look under the Paranoia tab of the Tweakui Control Panel applet.

Tweakui makes a registry change that overrides the setting that you
mentioned for your CDROM drive in Device Manager. Tweakui will turn
AIN on/off only when AIN is enabled in Device Manager. Disabling AIN
from Tweakui does not remove the AIN check mark from Device Manager.
I believe this is what you are looking for. Whether it will actually
solve your problem is another matter.

Regards,
Bill