From:
John Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 10:23:35 -0500
Dear list members,

I recently acquired an older Packard Bell Legend - P90 with AMI BIOS and
motherboard.  I believe that it has NX chip set (if that corresponds to one of
the older chip sets).  The computer is vintage 1994.

I want to upgrade the RAM.  The manual that I have calls for Fast Page Mode
SIMMs.  From what I have read, the 'newer' EDO memory is backward compatible
with the 'older' FPM memory.  Can someone advise me as to whether this is
correct.  I would rather buy the EDO memory in case I would upgrade the MB at
some time with a chip set that supports the extended data out feature.  I will
be buying non-parity memory.

I checked pricewatch.com for prices.  Any suggestions on companies that you
have had dealings  with at the low end of the price scale for 16 Meg modules
pairs....good service and no outrageous shipping costs.

Thanks in advance

John