Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 14:02:50 +0100
Hi All,

I hoping that I've got the right mailing list, and that one of you guru's
out there have an answer.

My system: ABIT LX6 motherboard; PII300; 64Mb SDRAM(Goldstar); 8.4 Maxtor
HD; 8Mb AGP Ati expert @ play. Win98.

The problem is my system occasionally freezes particularly when using
graphics intensive applications, or when using IE4.01. I have to reset the
machine.

By accident when playing with Bios settings I changed the CPU speed setting
to 266mhz the system ran fine. It got me thinking that the CPU was a
re-badged 266, sold as a 300mhz.

I downloaded cpu/cache checking software which have confirmed that it is a
300mhz cpu with ECC cache. However the motherboard doesn't like the cpu
being a 300 mhz. I have upgraded the bios.

Can anyone help is it the motherboard or cpu, or am I missing something.

Jason Parker