From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 13:44:56 -0400
On 17 May 98 at 12:22, Herbert Graf wrote:

> I have two VL-BUS cards lying here, one is my trusty Cirrus Logic 5428 1MB
> card, and the second is a Trident TGUI9440 1MB card. Any opinions
> on these cards?  Which one is faster?

> I seem to recall that the 9440 got good reviews, but for a long
> time it was hard to find drivers for it.

> David G

The drivers directory on the Win95 CD has a better driver than the one that
is installed under the new hardware wizard for Trident 9440 VLB cards.  There
was an even better driver at Trident's homepage that included virtual desktop
and adjustable scan rates, as well as mode changes without re-booting, however
I have been to the page recently and I was unable to find it.  Cirrus Logic also had
and optimized driver at their webpage.  I use the hardware wizard driver with that card
so I don't know if it is still readily available.  My vlb cards run in unattended stations
so I really have no opinion favoring either.
Tom Turak