Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 10:15:06 +0000
        Hi.
        For soldering an IDE connector on the mobo and success, it must
happen that all is functional, but AST decided to save a few cents not
including it.
        Not much problem soldering it; do it with care. If it doesn't
work, but your mobo continues working, you won't have lost too much.
Check you have a 2x20 connector, and there is reasonable use of the
printed circuit board traces.

> Hi,
>
>         I have an AST adventure 8090p computer. I want upgrade my
> disk space, but I have a problem. In my MoBo I have only one IDE
> connector, the another connector is empty (it has not the pins) and
> only the silvery points are there. I need that IDE connector, cause
> I'll have two HD and one CD-ROM (The CD-ROM can't be connected to
> the Sound Blaster card cause it's a SONY CD-ROM, I tried but it
> didn't work).
>
>         I thought to get de IDE connector and solder it to the MoBo.
> I have no experience with these things, I'm only an "amateur".
>
>  Well,my question is: What is the risk of make this?. I can damage
> my MoBo?
>
> Sorry my bad english :-)
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Dante Loayza
> La Paz- Bolivia

Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]
  Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
  Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
  Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)