From:
Dean Edgar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 18:31:39 -0400
At our business we download postscript files fron an outside server which we
need to print on a daily basis. We have a HP LaserJet 4 with a PostScript 2
SIMM installed. When we try to print files, the printer seems to cut off
about an 1/8" from both the right and left hand margins. Since the rest of
the file prints properly, it must be a margin setup problem on our printer,
but since the Post Script software is installed on the SIMM and loads on
bootup, I can't seem to adjust the margin sizes for the printer.

I am wondering if anybody knows a way to adjust the default margins for Post
Script on the LaserJet 4's? I've been through the manual and all of the
setup options on the printer menu, but I haven't found a way to do it there
either.

The files that we print are generated entirely by software supplied by our
outside vendor, and there is no option in the software to adjust margin
sizes. It basically just links to their system, downloads the data, and
processes the final output. Our software vendor claims that the printer must
be too old and we should upgrade to a newer version of Laser Jet but I would
prefer to make do with this one if it would work.

Please note that all of the Test pages for the PostScript Language print
properly.  I have also been on to Hewlett Packard's web page and tried their
trouble shooting suggestions, and every thing seems to suggest that the
printer is physically fine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

P. S.   Printer Specs:    HP LaserJet 4
                                        10 MB Ram