From:
Jens Heese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 10:15:10 +0200
Hi PC-Builders,

A friend has an Escom Blackmate 386 Notebook with
a docking station. (I know it's German and old but
maybe someone has some general info.) The docking
station has a floppy drive. When one tries to
access a diskette it makes sounds like it's
accessing but eventually gives error messages
like media damaged etc. The floppy drive is
basically connected by a 26 pin interface and
I don't see how it gets power. I though I could
just hang on a new floppy drive but they are 34 pin.
What I'd like to know is is what is this 26 pine stuff ?
Is it a typical notebook standard different from
desktops ? Any tips on how I might be able to
patch on a basic floppy drive to this 26 pin
interface ? The notebook itself also has a parrallel
port on it , can I get a floppy to run off that ?
Thanks alot for any help !

Cheers
M.