From:
Dave Souza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 13:01:12 -0400
In the case of the SB 16 that is correct.  However, the AWE 32 and AWE 64
cards are still 16bit devices.  The 32 in "AWE 32" relates to the number of
sounds (voices) that the card can produce simultaneously.  Ditto for the AWE
64.

Additionally, the AWE 64 is essentially an AWE 32 device with an additional
32 voices provided by software.  The effect of 64 voice polyphonic sound is
impressive (I own one).  However, with only 32 voices provided by the
hardware, the CPU takes a hit in order to produce the other 32 voices.  Just
a consideration if your not using a fast Pentium chip.

Take Care,
Dave