From:
Frank B Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 11:17:54 -0700
I would not recommend the VXPRO at all. Some have had incredible problems
with it....   I have one and it works ok... however there is a much better
board:  the TXPRO or the TXPRO II  ... now the II has onboard video and
sound, so if you want that, get the II...  is saves money and you can
upgrade video and sound be re-setting some jumpers on the board..

but the VXPRO is not good... and theat cost is way too much, by my
extimate... a TXPRO and a Cryix PR233mx w/32megs should run about
200$ US...  and would be faster than the Pent 233 except in FPU specific
functions...

the K-6 would also be faster

also the TXPRO supports the 83 mhz bus, with partial async to the PCI, which
gives you flexability for future speed adjustments, as well as various cpu
types....

Frank B Smith