From:
Ray Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 18:37:04 -0700
At 11:06 PM 4/5/98 +0000, David Justman wrote:
>My mouse is beginning to refuse to respond generally, but especially
>in the upward direction.  I've read here that this can be caused by
>dirt in its innards.  If this is so, could someone please send me
>quickly easy and detailed instructions for cleaning it, which even a
>novice can understand?  I'm in the middle of a project, and I use the
>mouse a lot.

As with anything else, cleaning the mouse is best done with it disconnected
or the computer off.

Flip the mouse over.  You'll see a ring around the ball that can be moved.
There will be arrows indicating which direction. Move the ring and then
turn the mouse over.  Ring and ball should fall out.

Carefully wipe down the ball with a cloth moistened in alcohol.  Put it
aside. Flip the mouse over.  Inside the case you'll see rollers, and these
will more than likely be covered with crud.
Using a narrow blade (like an X-acto knife), scrape the crud from the
rollers, being careful not to damage the rollers themselves.

Place the ball back in the cavity. Place the ring over the ball, and turn
till it locks. That's it!

ray reyes
Microray Computer Svcs.
ICQ 8603107

"Whaddya mean I'm on hold?  I thought I was online!!"