From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 12:37:38 -0500

        Ahh... the perils of multiple drives. I don't really see a solution to your
problem. The problem is the way the BIOS, DOS and 95 look for and assign
drive letters. Here is how it goes, first is the C:, which is primary
master, primary partition, the next drive D: depends, if you only have one
drive it will be the first partition in the extended partition of the first
drive, if you have two drives it will be the primary partition of the second
drive. In essence, all the primary partitions of all the drives are assigned
letters, and then the system goes back and assigns letters to all of the
logical partitions residing in the extended partition. I know this
sounds very confusing, but that is how it is done. I recommend you reinstall
what you can, and if you feel, go through all the ini files you can and
change every reference from D: to E:, and do the same to the registry,
however back up both first just in case. TTYL