From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 18:57:02 -0400
On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Gregg Carter wrote:

> Todd, one thing I've learned about nuts (which I have turned to more
> frequently since I started my caveman diet), is that the nutritional
> charts on them -- including their high fat content and their supposed
> problem for dieters -- are pretty worthless.  All's you have to do is
> check your stool, where you'll find most of what you consumed in a still
> undigested form.  Thus, I've found eating a good amount of nuts is both
> satisfying and weight-loss enhancing.  Cheers!  Gregg

I don't know.  The nutrition tables show nuts having a good
amount of fiber.  I suspect, but am not sure, that a substantial
amount of that fiber is insoluble.  It may that this insoluble
fiber accounts for a good deal of the undigested material in the
stool.  How much of the rest of the nut remains undigested
because of the fiber is a good question, though.

Todd Moody