From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:01:32 -0400
Don Wiss wrote: A whole grain diet, onthe other hand, produces large and
frequent BMs.
  RE my last installment:
I should have added that paleo correct fibrous foods should have the same
effect.  In The Paleolithic Prescriiption,  the authors point out  that  "the
estimated daily fiber intake of Paleolithic peoples would have been on the
order of 150g as opposed to less than 20g for ourselves."  P 82.  They also
note that Amerindian H-G's  consumed about 130g of fiber per day.  I have to
assume that these figures relate to populations in temperate zones and it seems
that there would have been seasonal differences.  But, particularly in
consideration of our longer average longevity which would increase the time for
carcinogensis to occur,  keeping things moving makes sense to me.Rick