NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vivian Cutler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:32:25 EST
I was wondering if after not eating DAIRY, sugar and flour if anyone has
experienced that their asthma, sinus, allergies, eczema cleared up?

Some people have mentioned stopping dairy helped too.
Anyone have any experiences having to do with this?...
I just got out of the hospital with  asthma problems. I was there for 5 days.

Asthma starting to feel better.
Then Thanksgiving night I was cooking Mexican food and breathed in chili
powder in the air. I didnt even eat the food. The cooking smell swelled my
throat and burnt my trechea and my lungs became infected. I had severe asthma,
continually coughing and the medicines wouldn't help so I had to go to the ER
and the 5 day stay.
I stayed  in the hospital and got out last Saturday.
All in all I feel like I am starting to feel better....Abstinent and staying
away from anything that will give me an attack...Before going my asthma was
horrible getting worse by the day along with my cravings. Now I seem to be
feeling a lot better and my sinuses seem to be clearing or shrinking up.....
It sure seems cutting out any food that has bothered me is helping.

I really felt born again in the hospital with a new clean slate.
It forced me to see all of the ways I was hurting myself with food for just
the rush...like hot spicey food, etc.  I have found that no food can replace
the peace of mind I am experiencing now.....I got a lot of clarity laying in
bed fighting for my life.    People kept doing things in my hospital room and
I had to keep running out to save myself...TWo men kept drilling the ceiling
for cable, someone else puton baby powder, another old woman sprayed cologne,
they mopped the floors....
Finally I had to camp out in the hallway to rescue myself.

I just showed how much I need to care and watch out for myself and really
listen to my body and God....Sometimes we are so loud in our daily life we
cant hear the messages we need to ...It take laying flat on your back in weird
surroundings to hear the important message....
        Please look back on the question I asked in the begining and write me if you
can relate......Thanks For Listening......Love Vivian