NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 21:47:08 -0600
>.  Plus I want to pick his brain about a few other things
>too.  Does anyone know of a good Website explaining eczema?
>Thanks,
>Jessica

There seems to be an ECZEMA discussion group.  I do not belong. Our son had
severe infantile eczema as a baby (6 years ago) which was a nightmare, but
started to subside by age 1 year.  We have never been sure of the cause,
although we have some ideas.  But we do have lots of experience with
eczema.  Although he is extremely allergic to dairy it was not from that.
I had eliminated even trace amounts of dairy from my diet by the time he
was 2 weeks old and he didn't get the eczema until 4 months old.  He was
solely breastfed until age 6 months.

I found this group on the Internet almost a year ago, but know nothing
about it.  The info here is just copied from the Internet.

PART 8: THE ECZEMA MAILING LIST

8.1 What is the Eczema Mailing List?

The Eczema Mailing List is an automated mailing list which allows people
with Eczema to share their experiences of living with and managing
Eczema.

The discussion on the list varies from people sharing their own
experiences of or questions about orthodox and alternative treatments to
people discussing the emotional and social aspects of eczema. The
quality of the discussion of course depends on what people are prepared
to contribute.

The list works rather like a USENET news group or a CompuServe forum.
The difference is that you receive all the messages by e-mail.

Any member can send a message to the list server and this message is
then re-distributed to all members. At any one time there are a number
of discussion threads going on.

There is no charge for subscribing to the list and if you do not want to
remain on the list you just send a message to un-subscribe.

At present membership is screened manually so if you send the
"subscribe" message you will get a message back from a real person
asking for a few details about yourself and your interest in eczema.

8.2 How to I subscribe to the Eczema Mailing List?

To subscribe to the list send a message to:
[log in to unmask] with the following in the body of the
message:

    subscribe eczema Your Name

You do not need to enter a subject for the message.

You will get a message asking about the nature of your interest in
eczema. After you have replied to that message, and have received
confirmation that your subscription has been accepted, you can send
actual mail to the people on the list by using the address:

If you later want to remove your name from the list, send a message to:

with the following in the body of the message:

    signoff eczema

and you will be taken off the list.

8.3 How do I get help on the Eczema Mailing List?

To receive a "reference card" for all the functions available send a
message to:

with the following in the body of the message:

    get listserv refcard

The reference card is full of incomprehensible computer gobbledegook,
but if you stare at it long enough you should be able to decipher some
useful commands. And you can always ask on the mailing list for help if
you get stuck.

For more information on commands to the LISTSERV software, there is a
good if somewhat verbose manual which explains everything a listserv
user might want to know, and maybe more, called "LISTSERV for the
Non-technical User".

To retrieve a plain text version of the file send a message to:

with the following message text:

    get nsc93.memo

Rachele Shaw