From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:13:11 -0400
Thanks for all the great suggestions so far. I guess that I should
have stated that the problem of hearing the neighbor's CB while on
the phone, was an issue before the computer came into the picture.
        This is a small office run by the doctor and his wife, on Main
St. in a town of less than 4000. The wife told me that she has
contacted the FCC, local police and the Code enforcement officer.
She was told that the best she could do was buy some sort of
shield for her phone line. This, however disabled the feature
allowing calls to her primary number to be transferred to her
second line if the first one was busy, a feature she could not
afford to lose.
        At this point, they are quite happy that the computer has removed
the signal from the phone line, but turning the computer speakers
off, puts the problem right back on the phone line.
        I don't think the modem is a problem, but I will be there
tomorrow and see what happens when I unplug it, etc..

     Elizabeth Boston

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**