From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 19:56:38 -0500
At 16:45 10-02-98 -0600, you wrote:
>I am trying...to find the specs...for the Intel 430NX PCI
>motherboard. Any ideas where I might go to get the specs?

The only NX I am aware of is the Intel NX440LX motherboard.
A description of this Pentium II motherboard is at
<http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/nx/nx_ds.htm>.

Complete detail is in the 76 page NX440LX Motherboard
Technical Product Specification which you can download
from <ftp://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/nx/67463301.pdf>.
An update to the specifications (dated Feb 10, 1998) is
<ftp://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/nx/68688406.pdf>.

You can order a hard copy of the NX440LX Motherboard
Technical Product Specification (Order Number 674633) by
phone (free) from Intel (800-548-4725 from within the US).

If this is not what you want, you might start your search at
<http://developer.intel.com/sites/developer/contents.htm>.
The 430 you mention implies a Pentium class chipset.

The NX440LX motherboard features the Pentium II processor, Intel’s
440LX AGP chipset, Advanced Configuration Power Management Interface
(ACPI) hardware for enhanced power management and fast resume from
powered-down states; Ultra DMA capability which doubles bandwidth
to all IDE devices including hard disk drives and CD ROMs; three DIMM
sockets allow up to 384MB of SDRAM (supports ECC memory to guard against
data corruption). AGP port for graphics cards.

This motherboard features the new NLX form factor dockable design
(no tools are needed to install or remove the motherboard). Commonly
upgradable parts (such as CPUs, system memory, and graphics) are easy
to access as a result of the improved board layout. Plus, the
motherboard can now be serviced or replaced without removing I/O
add-in cards and cables because connectors (such as PCI, ISA, IDE,
floppy, and power) have been moved to the riser.

The NX440LX also features on-board Yahama OPL3-SA3 audio, and includes
a 100 Mbit LAN adapter with Wake On LAN* technology, an on-board
Hardware Management ASIC, an enhanced Desktop Management Interface
(DMI) BIOS, and LANDesk® DMI instrumentation.

Regards,
Bill

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]