From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:52:16 -0500
Thanks to Dave Ross,

He gave me a little nudge and I went back and looked again.

Found it!  SETUPX.DLL is on the CD in \ADMIN\NETTOOLS\NETSETUP

So this file is involved in setting up the network options for Win95.

Now that we know where it is and what it does (sort of...),
it probably would be best to wipe out that hard drive and start
all over.  Get rid of all the botched installations and start fresh.

After doing a clean format, I would create a c:\Winstall directory
(or any name you want) and copy the WHOLE CD into it.  Then do the
install from the  C: drive and forget the CD.

K.A.W. • D.R. wrote:

> Jim:
> Since you reply to so many queries on PCBUILD, I thought this list:
> http://www.halcyon.com/cerelli/95_files.htm
> might be of use to you.

You can create your own list of the cab files with the EXTRACT.EXE
command (located on the CD), the list files switch (don't remember
what it is right now but /? will get you a list) and a redirect to
a text file.

Jim Meagher
Micro Solutions Consulting        Web Design, Network Administration
[log in to unmask]                     Hard/software Installation, Service
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol    410-543-8996

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]