From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 09:26:51 -0400
Tony,
First, make sure that the parallel port is configured in BIOS as
bi-directional or EPP,  NOT ECP.
Second, you may need to uninstall the HP printer if it is connected to the
same parallel port, install the tape drive, then reinstall the HP.  There
are problems with some HP and Canon printers conflicting with other
non-printer devices connected to parallel ports.  Visit the HP website for
driver updates.
Hope this helps.
Jerry Rasmussen

--