From:
Robert Prickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 00:26:23 GMT
On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 23:27:54 -0700, you wrote:

>I was just asked what criteria one should use for choosing a hard drive today.

As one who maintains and upgrades computers all the time, my prime
concerns are reliability and support.  Western Digital is my choice,
because I had two failures [in 75 machines over 2 years--running large
network apps 24 hours/day] and called WD.  In 48 hours, I had a new HD
FedEx'd to me at their expense with minimal questions asked. [the
serial number and the problem] Of course, I had to return the old hard
drives, but had 30 days to it.

My Windows 95 Crisis Center
http://home.earthlink.net/~robertpr
[don't forget the ~ tilde that earthlink uses]