From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 08:27:53 -0600
Javier;
   Thanks for the input.
   I checked the voltage regulator I have 5 volts between the two
outside
  leads by nothing to the middle lead. I assume this should read
  3 volts. I'll try to replace the volt.reg and see if that works.
 Seems to be a standard power transistor (TIP-31C)
  I have nothing to lose the vreg. costs less than $1