From:
Debbie Cusick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 14:48:09 -0700
> If vaccines were so safe they wouldn't
 have to be mandatory in the U.S.
> Why are they mandatory when we are supposed to live in a democracy?

My son is 20 years old so he was vaccinated many years ago before I had ever even heard of serious problems with vaccines. He had no adverse reactions to any of them. However I don't know how one can get through life without them based on the beauracracy.

He could not enroll in public school without proof of vaccinations. He was very active with the Boy Scouts (made Eagle Scout) but could not have gone to Boy Scout summer camp without proof of vaccination. The summer job he has had the last 2 years required proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. He is now in college and the college requires proof of vaccination as a condition of continued enrollment. How can one get by in life if you don't have that piece of paper?

---
Debbie
scalloway at my-dejanews dot com

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----