From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:30:12 -0400
On Sun, 6 Sep 1998 05:19:03 EDT, S.B. Feldman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In a message dated 9/5/98 7:06:21 PM EST, [log in to unmask]
>writes:
>
><< B1 is needed for  complex carbohydrate breakdown,
> and more will be free for burnning purposes.
>  >>
>What are the 'burning purposes' referred to here? I do not know of any
>metabolic pathwaywith this specific goal---heat is a byproduct of many
>chemical reactions, also heat is generated as a byproduct of muscle activity,
>but neither is considered for 'burning purposes'

I don't know a scientific metabolic pathway, sorry. But it
doesn't has to be specific IMO.
You mention that heat is a byproduct on almost any chem
ical reaction,
On need of increased temperature, the  body will choose an appropiate answer.

One specific example is increased muscle activity for heating purpose
- you know what I mean - whats the english word for "zittern"?
That all needs Vitamin B1, isn't it?

There are various means for the body to increase heat.
Smaller blood-flow through the skin for example.
But that alone is not a satisfying reason how you can get *fever*.

If there wasn't a heat-specific machanism, then
how could one get *fever* ?

Does anybody know how this works??

regards

Amadeus