Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 06:24:25 -0700
A deer hunter told me he dries his meat in the sun, but only when it is over
100 degrees F, and you must leave it out for 4 hours, he said.

I would like to hear from people who have sun dried their jerky/pemmican,
what they have put on it, etc.

This hunter said to put a little salt, lemon juice, a bit of cayenne, and a
bit of garlic salt or garlic powder. He used the cayenne to keep flies away.

Don,  how hard is it to find cayeene and garlic powder, without gluten in them?

I have become so suspicious of any  processed spice, as I have found so many
to have gluten added. Even some of Whole Foods spices have gluten in them,
you would think they would know better, right! Their chili powder is cut
with gluten.

Anyway, could I try it with just lemon oil and a little salt, and does it
really have to be over 100?

How did they dry meat in Sweden, Hans?