Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:29:09 -0400
phyllis walker wrote:
> I too have noticed this, not just a few girls either, it seems like nearly all I
> encounter have what used to be considered big feet...
I have resisted responding to this only because this will sound like I am linking
everything to CFS/fybro. This is just a coincidence, but here it is. On the fybro
news group a while ago they put together a list of 'unusual' symptoms. That is
symptoms that a sufficiently large percentage of them had, but weren't associated
with CFS/fybro or even looked at. Large feet was one of them, another was ridged
fingernails, another was bone spurs, etc.  The interesting thing
about large feet is that the increase is NOT permanent. When they are feeling
better the size goes down. So it appears to be cartilage size increase,
possibly swelling, maybe something else. It does not appear to be primarily
due to bone size. It could very well be due to lowered cortisol levels as well
as increased water retention, but this is just a guess.

Ilya