From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:38:06 -0500
From:    Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>

>If CR is so healthy, than why not for people under 20?
>My 5yr. old daughter has been doing pretty well on paleo, all her life.
>  Mike

Actually, all indications are that it would be very healthy.  Some of the
reasons not to institute CR in youngsters include growth reduction and
perpetual delay of fertility in females.

Stunting growth is only negative from a societal point of view.  The
people would be physically smaller, but probably lead the longest lives
of all.  These are the ones who could realize a lifespan approaching 150+
yrs.

Although delaying fertility sounds bad there is no reason why it would
be.  Female mammals on CR diets can't reproduce.  But if the calorie
intake in icreased later on, they can.  This can occur not only long
after normal menopause in the control groups, but after the last animal
in the control group dies from old age!