From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 23:32:57 -0500
On 08/21/98 11:39:20 you wrote:

>I got the impression from the book that as long as you got some fresh meat
>every day, you could still also have some bacon and processed meats and/or
>overcooked meats and still be OK.
>
>Mary

Yes, in principle I believe that at a certain % of raw food you gain most of the benefits.  I
don't have any evidence, but maybe if we eat a given amount (say 40%) raw, maybe we get most of
the benefits (say, 70%).  These #'s are completely baseless, just possibilities...

OTOH, if we eat nearly 100% raw I suppose we would get basically 100% of the benefits.  That would
be nice, but cooked food sure is tempting.  I think the more raw, the better healthwise, barring
bacteria and other organisms in meat and such.

James
"I think there's a world market for
 about five computers."
    -Thomas Watson (Founder of IBM)