From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:45:56 EDT

<< In any event, why would we want to absorb these enzymes anyway?  By there
 nature
 and design they are meant to digest.  Appreciable amounts of enzymes
 absorbed into
 the body would cause digestion of the body.  >>

Digestion of the body! Somebody better tell the wild animals before they self-
digest!!

No wonder so many species are in danger of extinction! ;)

Seriously, it would seem to me that the body would know what to do with all
enzymes, not just the digestive enzymes which take the strain off the
pancreas, but there must be an untold amount of other enzymes which perform
vital functions in healing and regeneration of tissue, etc.  These enzymes are
found in raw foods, as nature evolved RAW, and these enzymes are not found in
cooked foods.  Therefore, the pancreas must make them otherwise we break down.

Studies have shown that throughout nature, humans have a pancreas 3 times the
ratio to the body as wild animals.  When mice are fed cooked diet, their
pancreas triples in size.  I think the phenomenon is worse with cooked grains
from what I've read somewhere...

Aaron