Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 07:43:00 -0700
I have found buffalo suet to be very plentiful and very cheap. I am not sure
if it is suet as in suet around the kidneys, but at least it is buffalo fat.

The problem is, it tastes kind of chalky. Not rancid at all like they say
wild game fat is. Just kind of chalky and it sticks to the roof of your mouth.

Did I render it too long? Not long enough? Could this be from cooking it on
too high a heat?

BTW, I have dropped the Nystatin as it was making him so sick and have
switched to the more natural MCT oil. MCT oil is a derivative of coconut oil
and is a medium chain fatty acid, it is also an antifungal as it breaks down
into caprylic acid in the intestines.

What about lard? I have found pork drippings to be a good source of fat but
can't come up with enough of it for a keto type diet unless I am ALWAYS
cooking pork, it gets to be very laborious. Could I just buy lard and use it
in place of the buffalo fat.

Also, the buffalo fat makes even the pemmican taste chalky. The beef tallow
is a lot better but my son is sensitive to it.'