From:
Beverle Sweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 17:30:12 -0400
Hi Linda:
   Cashews are a nut that has a very hard shell.  If you were to try and
bite it open it would severely burn your mouth and tongue because of an
acid  Damned if I can remember what at this time, but pretty fierce.
They are never sold in the shell for this reason and because they
require somewhat dangerous processing in order to get the shell off I
doubt that they were totally raw.  I, too, used to get them "raw" when I
was vegetarian.  While absolutely delicious, they are forbidden.
Macadamians on the other hand are expensive, but allowed.  Walnuts,
almonds, pecans, and filberts are all allowed.  Enjoy and don't worry
about the small stuff.  It's all small stuff.  For two weeks eat _only_
what is allowed and I think by that time you will stop looking for
substitutes or fringe items.  While some have said that juicing is not
such a good thing, and I agree, it is not paleo, what would be wrong
with pulverizing things that are too fiber filled to eat?  We can use
the blender or food processor, but paleo man could easily have smashed
the crap out of something for his kids.  Give that a try too.
Bev