From:
Staffan Lindeberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 12:33:39 +0100
Mary <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Her next argument was that "the Bible" says that grains are very healthy for
>us. Here, I did not have an answer. WHY does it say that grains are healthy,
>if it does??

Probably because in the days when the Bible was written there was not
enough meat, fruit and vegetables for everyone in the Near East why cereals
were vital for most people who would otherwise be starving. Just as they
are vital for many poor peoples of the Earth today.

>Finally, she was shocked (jealous?) of my weight loss and thought I was
>becoming anorexic. I'm about 130 and 5'7", have never looked like this
>before (on carbs)  except with extreme starvation. Only with paleo am I
>never hungry and yet thin!
>
>She told me I need to eat more, I told her I'm eating as much as I can!

The main difference between the two of you is that she probably has more
fat tissue than you. You may even have more muscle fibers than her.

I would be surprised if anyone can become anorexic on a paleolithic diet.
Please let me know of any such case.

Staffan

Staffan Lindeberg M.D. Ph.D. Dept of Community Health Sciences, Lund
University, Mailing address: Primary Health Care Centre, Sjobo, S-22738
Sweden, +46 416 28140, Fax +46 416 18395 <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.panix.com/~paleodiet/lindeberg/