From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 19:18:21 +0100
At 00:59 1997-11-17 -0600, you wrote:
>        Assume higher physical strength in hunter-gatherers.  Then, assume
>even higher physical strength in Homo Sapeins Neanderthalis.

MS Encarta sais:
 Macadamia, genus of about nine species of trees of the dicot order, native
to   Australia and eastern Malaysia. One species is much cultivated in
Hawaii for    its edible seeds, called macadamia nuts or Queensland nuts.

To my knowledge we europeans do not neither inherit from H S Neandertalis,
nor from people living in Australia or eastern Malaysia. (Possibly
pre-columbian americans may have inheritance fro Malaysia but not very
likely.)
So the discussion of paleo-cracking of macadamia nutshells is not very
intresting, as it does not mean anything to us (other than for perhaps
aborigin australians whose ancestor may have come in contact with
macadamians 100000 years ago, and so have had some time to adapt.)

- Hans