From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:33:00 -0700
There is a free MEDLINE access is available at:
http://www.medscape.com/

You must register but it is free and I've enjoyed poking around there.

I tried the following search parameter:
"Int J Cancer":TA and cancer and diet

There were a number of hits, but at a quick glance, I did not find to what
Atkins might be referring, but it could easily have been there.

While tinkering about, I did find something interesting that appears to be
worth sharing:

"Non-promoting effects of iron from beef in the rat colon carcinogenesis
model." -- Lai C; Dunn DM; Miller MF; Pence BC
Cancer Lett, 112(1):87-91 1997 Jan 15

"The results demonstrate that, when lean beef is used as an iron
     source, the risk for colon carcinogenesis is not increased."

--
        STONE and SPEAR
ATKINS-NEW * LOWCARB-LIST * LC-DIABETES * PALEOFOOD