From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 16:59:52 -0900
John Pavao:
>I guess my question is, in that
>book, do they have results from studies of groups who eat NO processed
>foods, like aborigines or something, so that they are sure they have a true
>baseline upon which to make such a judgement?

Going by memory (book in transit) but...

...didn't Eaton, et al in "The Paleolithic Prescription" summarize the
hunter-gatherer cholesterol level as between 120 and 170, with the average
under 150. (I remember being disappointed that my cholesterol was 180 or so
after years eating all-raw because that was still well above the "h-g
standard".)

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft