From:
Doug Marsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 15:53:19 -0700
I thought that if I titled the subject Greenie, you'd think that I was a
Vegan-I'm not.

Hi, I'm Doug Marsh. I've been observing the list for a couple or so days
and so thought it was time to let everyone know that I've been lurking
behind THE ZONE.

I'm not following the Paleofood diet-yet. I figured that I should learn a
little more about it before I yea or negate it. Anyway, I have read
Audette's book. Interesting conclusions, but then so are many others'. I
started, several years ago, with Diamond's FIT FOR LIFE and most recently
drifted to Sear's ENTER THE ZONE and Eades' PROTEIN POWER. I bet you'll
think that I'm more of a reader than a doer. Not really.

I want to maximize my metabolic system. How can I go about doing that? One
thing that I have concluded, from experience and reading, is that a balance
in all the macronutrients is essential for maximizations. Balance, that
means that I want to eat proteins, carbos and fats, but at what ratio I
just don't know. So, George of the Jungle, as you have so nicely stated:
"Stalking the Wild Asparagus" is important-to me too.

I eat a lot: dairy products, meat, veggies and fruits and nuts. The only
grain product that I consume, and usually once a day, is Scotch Oats. But I
also use protein powders and vitamin and mineral supplements.

Anyway I hope that you don't mind me lurking and if I feel that I can offer
something I'll drop a few words.

Thanks

doug