PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Maurice Sonnenwirth M.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 18:44:27 EST

<< Date:    Mon, 2 Feb 1998 10:43:50 +1100
 From:    Jennie Brand Miller <[log in to unmask]>
 Subject: Glucose and insulin responses

 We have tested the glucose and insulin responses to hundreds of foods
 over the last 10 years.  Generally among high carbohdyrate, low fat
 foods you find that glucose and insulin responses correlate well (r
 around 0.7), but there are many examples where they become 'unhooked'.=20 >>

Is there any way to get a list of the foods, and the responses?  I would, of
course, like to find out which foods were on the "unhooked" list, and those
where the response was opposite of that it was thought it would be.  I have
read that fat and alternatively protein would slow down the carb absorption
and the insulin response, but apparently, at least with certain foods this is
not so.  Would love to have the "rest of the story".

Maurice Sonnenwirth