CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:12:36 +1300
    Can we all just relax

    If we stretch our imagination then the post is relevent
    If we dont stretch our imagination then it is not relevant and we
    all have to read on extra post, (and go thru the arduous task of
pushing the delete button)

    however imagine how much time we can waste discussing the relevance
    and importance of "the necessity" of each post rather than the
    importance of the message within the post.

    I would rather use my own imagination regarding the usefulness of
    the information within a post. We dont need to believe, trust,
    include, copy, live by or reply to each and every post. However if
    we use censorship and exclude topics that some find irrelevant then
we do not have that choice.
    I would prefer that i made that choice according to my own
    imaginings.

  I would really prefer that we didnt spend any more time discussing the
"inclusiveness" of particular posts - as i left an anarchy list for this
reason and would not like to see this list deteriorate to such a state.

  Thank you

  Kelvin Stephens
  New Zealand