CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fran Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:47:08 -0700

Hi Pat~ Welcome to the club  =  O
I have made Fantastic Foods Polenta mix~ it has sun dried tomatoes, and
some other herbs spices & cheese in it. Unfortunately the label reveals
that it is High carb- especially in what they call a serving.

**By the way that "serving size" is an essential part of the nutritional
fact label.  It always amazes me what they are calling *one serving*.

But they say diabetes is a "Your mileage may vary" YMMV, kind of
disease- all the different components on each day may yield different
numbers, and unfortunately,  things like *stress* can't be measured or
weighed- yet it has a huge impact.

Perhaps you were going downward when you ate the polenta? Or you ate so
little of it it did not have that huge impact-- or maybe you are just
lucky that corn does not zing out your blood glucose (bg).?

As you had mentioned being new on board-- do you have comprehensive lists of
all the *hidden* sources of gluten?  Stuff like mono & diglycerides, white
vinegar, etc?

Welcome aboard!

~fran