Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 08:58:14 -0500
Greetings,
   I am new to this list, as of yesterday, but did get to hear about the
boardwatch article on the Livingston Portmaster list.  I am not an ISP,
but most of the people on the Portmaster List are.  The feeling of that
list was, the "test" was more of a long distance line test than a K56Flex
vs a X2 test.  That the stats from the ISP were pretty much the same
for either K56Flex and X2 with X2 being very slightly faster, but not
by an amount to worry about.  My feeling is that once all the server
side providers have their V.90 out the problems will not go away, but
will be less than they have previously been.  The bottom line, for me
at least is that you should only go by the Boardwatch article if you
prefer X2 and are looking for "proof" to back up your preference.  :-)

Regards....Gary

At 08:59 PM 4/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I feel I have to reply to this posting just to give another side to
>the issue. My ISP just upgraded its whole operation to 56K flex modems
>on digital lines. Having waited a good while to upgrade my modem, I
>got a Zoom 56K flex modem. This model is at least a couple of months
>old. I am continually connecting at 50000bps. There are so many
>variables to the 56k modem equation that I am reluctant to blame any
>one part.
>
>Will Stephenson
>mailto:[log in to unmask]
>
>Good Morning to you PCBuilders!
>
>After reading the following article by Boardwatch magazine:
>
>http://www.boardwatch.com/mag/98/mar/bwm24.html

{ The rest of Earl Douglass's post was Snipped ]