Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Harold E. Schumacher, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 21:14:29 -0500
Hello all,

        Have a modem on a Packard-Bell that isn't/hasn't been working.
First place I go to is the Device Manager.  There I see a LogiCode
33H-P-CL and it says this device is working properly.  "Modem" tab
under properties shows COM1.  "Resources" tab shows an I/O range and
an IRQ of 4.  "No Conflicts" shows in the conflicting device list.

        Also in Device Manager, there is an ! next to COM1; "This device
causing resource conflict".  "Resources" tab says this device isn't
using any resources because it is not currently enabled or has a
problem.  To assign resources, I click on "Set Configuration
Manually".  Clicking on it, I see in Conflicting Device List the
Logicode modem, both I/O range and IRQ of 4.  To get rid of conflict
I un-check "Use Automatic Setting" and attempt to change I/O range
and IRQ, but this resource setting cannot be modified.

        So, I go back to Modem in Device Manager and attempt to do the same
thing under resources tab.  There I ALSO get "This resource setting
cannot be modified" for both I/O and IRQ.

        Looking at IRQ's under Device Manager, I see COM2 shows IRQ 3 and
LPT1 shows IRQ 7.  Now, I'm even more confused when I exit Windows,
go to MSD and it shows only 1 COM port; no COM2, 3, or 4.

        I'm definitely going in circles and need some help!

Thanks.
Harold E. Schumacher, Jr.
--
                   Proverbs 9:10