Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:36:44 -0500
From:    Stacie Lorenson <[log in to unmask]>

>I understand the idea that in eating Paleo we shouldn't need to
>supplement a body that is not being stressed by "Forbidden Fruits".

Also remember that people are mainly designed to be born, mature, then
reproduce.  Traits which carry on the species are strongly selected for.
Traits which provide long healthy lifespans beyond reproduction may not
necessarily be as important in evolutionary terms.

In other words, as we age, and the body utilizes consumed nutrients less
efficiently, it is probably wise to supplement with intelligent, not
megadose, levels of nutrients.

If someone thinks they can get all the nutrients they need from food
alone you should ask them what their goals are.  Just because mankind
evolved around a certain diet does not mean that some form of
supplementation will not provide additional benefits.  If they want to
lead average length lives, then fine.  If you want to optimize health and
lifespan then it's probable that some supplementation is in order.