Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:02:01 -0500
From:    "Robert A. McGlohon, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Does CR equal hunger?  Well, no.

>James,
>
>Our respective diets appear to be very similar
I'm sure they are.  That's part of my point, and why I subscribe to this list.

>I, too, am losing weight (down about 100 pounds this year and >continuing to lose 5 to 10
pounds a month).
That seems like an awful lot, but if you feel energetic that is what counts.  I am losing 1
lb/month right now, a very modest decrease. If I ever get too uncomforable/hungry (it wouldn't
take much!) I plan on holding steady.

>I guess it just comes down to semantics.
Yes, I agree.

>What's going to be more successful:  a message preaching "calorie >restriction," or one that
talks about "eating all you want and still >losing weight"?
That's pretty much a rhetorical question.  I actually prefer the term "High/Low" diet, meaning
only foods high in nutrition, and low in calories.  This is the underlying theme of CR, and
basically the same theme as Neanderthin style paleo.  Although the additional restrictions of no
grains, legumes, dairy, or corn is strictly Neanderthin.  BTW - if you look at the higher
nutrition, lower cal versions of these (whole grains, nonfat milk, legumes) they appear very
nutritious, molecular protein mimicry notwithstanding.

James
"I think there's a world market for
 about five computers."
    -Thomas Watson (Founder of IBM)